To develop and nurture teacher leaders, VCU's Center for Teacher Leadership offers a series of developmental trainings designed to meet the growing needs of teachers who aspire to or are tapped for leadership roles.
Foundational Training for Teacher Leaders:
Designed for teachers who aspire to leadership roles that expand their professional impact with colleagues, Teacher Leadership 101 develops the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to work effectively with adults. Workshop topics include:
- Flexing Your Communication Skills
- Team Building: Shared Followership
- Teacher Leadership: It's About Time - and Organization!
- Designing Professional Development for the Adult Learner
- Trainer's Academy: Presenting Effective Workshops for the Adult Learner
For more detail on topics
Summer Training Sessions Start August 12, 2013 Deadline to register is August 5, 2013
Reserve Your Spot and Register Now
- If you have questions or would like to schedule a training session
- Contact: Janet H. Tusing, M.Ed., NBCT
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 804-828-3205
Role-Specific Leadership Training:
Designed for teachers who have been tapped for specific leadership roles such as mentor teacher, instructional coach, and cooperating teacher.
Mentor Teacher and Instructional Coach Training: developed by the Santa Cruz New Teacher Center mentoring philosophy, this powerful series of interactive trainings focuses on the knowledge, skills, and understandings critical for those who work with beginning and veteran teachers to improve instruction. This sequenced curriculum includes:
- Instructional Mentoring
- Setting Professional Goals
- Coaching and Observation Strategies
- Analysis of Student Work, Differentiation, and Lesson Planning
Register for Santa Cruz mentor teacher and instructional coach trainings.
Clinical Faculty Training: based on the Santa Cruz New Teacher Center mentoring philosophy, this training provides exemplary teachers selected to serve as clinical faculty with the knowledge and skills needed to assist pre-service teachers in becoming critically reflective practitioners.
Contact us to schedule additional Clinical Faculty training in your area.
Advanced Teacher Leadership Training:
Designed for teacher leaders who wish to have an impact in the policy arena.
- Teacher as Change Agent is an online course designed to help teachers deepen their knowledge about policy, sharpen their skills in influencing change, and build an ongoing learning community of colleagues interested in becoming more effective teacher leaders. Contact us for more information.
Join the CTL Teacher Leaders
to be the first to learn about teacher leadership opportunities, CTL trainings,
and other exciting events? Join the CTL
Teacher Leaders Network by completing a brief survey by going to the link
contact information you provide via this link will be used to keep you updated
opportunities such as:
- The Dr.
Judy Flythe Teacher Leadership Award given to a teacher who has exhibited
exemplary teacher leadership and created positive change in schools. The Judy Flythe Award is an annual $1000
scholarship that can be used to further enhance the recipient’s skills as a
- Focus groups
conducted by the U.S. Department of Education as part of a National
Conversation about the Teaching Profession, one of many national conversations
that are taking place with teachers all over the country. This is a unique opportunity for Virginia teacher
leaders to give their input and voice to an initiative called “Project
to enhance your skills as coaches, mentors, teacher leaders, trainers, and many
Don't miss out! This is the
only way you can be sure to keep in touch with us and keep up to date all of
the exciting events at the Center for Teacher Leadership.